Skip to: Main Content / Navigation

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Add This

All Forums > Data Processing

SPSS Versus Minitab

Hi, I'm trying to convince my company to purchase an upgrade my older version of SPSS as I lost it completely when moving to a new computer but I'm getting pushback to using it at all by my new boss. We have a very strong Six Sigma group who uses Minitab and they want me to use this, instead, for survey analysis. I used Minitab once or twice in grad school and seem to remember having some problems utilizing it for survey data but can't for the life of me remember what those problems were. I've tried for searching for a comparison of the two products online but have found nothing to support my argument that SPSS is the better investment for the time being (since we already own Minitab). Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

SPSS Versus Minitab

That takes me back to old times! I recall that we used Minitab for the beginning of a stats class in grad school, a LONG time ago.
We went on to SPSS whjen we needed to do something serious.
I didn't know it was still around!

I suggest you go to the group that uses it and get their manual, and/or get someone to demo to you how it handles the things you need to do. This will show whether it does indeed handle them.