Skip to: Main Content / Navigation

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Add This

All Forums > Business/Product Development

Web scrubbing

My company (a not-for-profit) is trying to develop a series of new educational/training products for the engineering/manufacturing space. The trouble is we have a limited known universe (our database is small and over-researched already) relative to the whole universe (all manufacturing professionals including engineers). I need a way to scrub the web monitoring the level of chatter/blog/tweets and searches for the topics that my target audience is searching for.

Besides Google and its suite of products, does anyone know of some good sites/services that offer robust web scrubbing services?

Web scrubbing = Social Media Mining

On our site we call Web scrubbing "Social Media Mining"

Here is a list of marketing research companies that indicated they specialize in offering this service.

Web scrubbing

Thanks Dan, but Quirks is the first place I looked. Just wanted to see if there was anything else out there.

Thanks again.

Web scrubbing

Hello, I know it has been a few years since you posted this but how did it end up for you? Did you find a web scrubbing company and did they meet your expectations?

Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Yelp, Tumblr, Pinterest, blogs, news sites, comments on blogs and news sites—how can we possibly keep track of everything?

As fast as these social channels emerged, technology and software has been developed to help manage them. Monitoring firms help to keep track of and analyze your presence across these platforms, while online reputation managers can help you tackle your company’s search engine results.