Skip to: Main Content / Navigation

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Add This

All Forums > Business-To-Business Research

Cold calling businesses to participate in market research

I am doing research on a behalf of a client into potential new markets for the client's product. To enhance my secondary research, I was asked to include feedback from potential customers regarding whether or not they would buy the client's product.

All sales are B2B, so taking a clipboard to the mall will not help. Instead, it was suggested that I call large companies and ask for "job title."

I have nothing to offer in exchange for their participation (no money, survey results are proprietary). I cannot reveal the name of the client and the client wrote the survey questions. It is assumed that "job title" will gladly participate in a 20-30 minute market research survey with a company they have no relationship with.

I have been instructed to gather 15 responses and given a time frame of 48 hours (this includes all secondary research as well).

Is this reasonable? I have my own opinions, but need authoritative sources to back me up.

Business Calls

Sounds tricky. Based on my experience, you are going to have to put in around 75-100 man-hours on the phones to get 15ish completes like this, so you'll need a bank of at least 5 trained people dialing 8 hours each day to get there.

Full Time Equivalent research

We provide full time equivalent professionals who are experts in market research for all main industries. For more details email us at info@strategymrc.com or call us at +1-301-202-5929. For more information: http://strategymrc.com/full-time-equivalent