The Job Postings is a free service of Quirk's Marketing Research Review.
New Jobs Search
Director, Quantitative Research
Location Classification: Los Angeles, California
Position Type: Research/Project Director
Company Classification: Marketing Research Company
Hours/Schedule: Permanent Full Time
Base Salary: Other/Not Specified
9724 Washington Blvd, 2nd Floor
Culver City, CA 90232-2765
Kelton is a strategy consultancy that creates consumer-oriented business solutions based on core human truths. We create brand relevance and resonance for our clients, by taking a creative, thoughtful and rigorous approach to interpreting insights, developing strategies, and designing solutions that deliver on consumer desires. We have a leadership team made up of seasoned research, communications, marketing, and innovation/design professionals; there is ample opportunity to learn and grow every day.
- Job Description:
- We have a leadership team made up of seasoned research, communications, marketing, and innovation/design professionals; thus there is ample opportunity to learn and grow every day. We are proud of having an entrepreneurial, start-up culture where training is very “hands on” and there’s an atmosphere in which teams are tight and colleagues really help each other.
We serve as a strategic partner to a broad array of cross-industry clients including Target, GE, Viacom, Pfizer, Bloomingdale’s, Domino’s, and 8 of the 10 largest PR firms in the country. With our consumer insights and research platform, we’ve built a team that is uniquely positioned to develop solutions for clients that keep their customers at the center of their strategy, marketing, and innovation efforts.
Kelton is seeking an innovative quantitative researcher with excellent analytical, communication, and client management skills. The candidate will work on a variety of project types for some of the nation’s most successful brands across different categories, and a multi-industry background is therefore crucial. Flexibility to work on multiple projects, a natural aptitude for organization, and deadline-driven deliverable creation are equally important in this fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone who is able to deliver amidst the dynamic nature of workload and pace inherent in a client service business.
The ideal candidate will clearly convey takeaways visually in PowerPoint with recommendations reflective of the client’s core issues and needs. Applicants should have at least 6 years of primary market research experience (supplier side experience is a must), preferably an advanced degree, and strong statistical skills.
- Job Requirements:
• Ensure overall client satisfaction and manage client relationships to generate repeat business.
• Be comfortable managing the client and overall workflow on a large global tracking study. This role requires an ability to manage multiple clients within an organization where the internal lines of communication may be blurred.
• Be comfortable managing partner agencies for work related to research engagements. Be able to serve as a central point of contact for both the client’s internal team and agency partners.
• In partnership with senior team, lead major quantitative projects with key clients and drive approach, analysis, and strategic recommendations.
• Together with the leadership team, develop innovative approaches and products that will result in outstanding insights for our clients and differentiate Kelton as a partner.
• Manage all stages of the research process (designing questionnaire, monitoring fielding, running analyses, writing final report, presenting to client).
• Provide informed guidance and recommendations about digital and social research tools.
• Contribute to business development efforts through methodological recommendations. Take the first pass on writing and developing proposals for new business.
• Have a strong sense of how to price quantitative and qualitative research studies.
• With oversight, lead and manage hybrid studies and seamlessly integrate quantitative findings with qualitative insights.
• Provide staff training and development.
• Stay up-to-date on industry developments and be active in the research community at large to make sure Kelton’s quantitative practices remain innovative, unique, and of top quality.
• Serve as a career mentor, coach, and direct manager for more junior staff both on projects and for general career development.
- Additional Comments:
• At least 6 years of experience in primary market research (supplier side desired). Ideal candidate has recent experience in an agency as opposed to working as an independent proprietor.
• Recent experience managing a high profile international tracking study.
• Extremely strong organizational skills and detail orientation. This position requires an ability to consider both the micro (project details) and macro (understanding how all aspects of the engagement, including research, advertising, and media, are interrelated).
• Well-versed and experienced in designing and conducting a broad array of quantitative market research approaches such as tracking, positioning/messaging studies, segmentation studies, concept tests, A&U studies, and pricing studies.
• Strong analytic skills with proven ability to contribute to methodology improvements. Driven by an urge to try new things and identify efficiencies.
• Experience in running hybrid studies, strong familiarity with qualitative methodologies.
• Very strong experience with SPSS Statistics or a similar software package.
• Able to operate independently and run projects with oversight from inception to final report.
• Ability to express research findings in a graphical format.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively work in teams.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated presence and authority in dealing with people at all organizational levels.
• Manage quantitative projects and research team throughout all stages of the research process (questionnaire design, monitor fielding, run analyses, put together final report, present to client).
• Experience with digital intercept tools, such as Dynamic Logic, highly preferred.
• Provide staff training and development, and manage a team of more junior staff. Previous experience managing at least 1-2 direct reports highly desired.
• Experience in planning and running multi-country studies is a plus.
• Experience with advertising and/or media and channel research is a plus.
How To Apply
Our best asset is our staff. We only hire the most motivated, collaborative, curious, and insightful people. Only those up for a challenge and desiring a real commitment to their workplace should apply. Kelton offers full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k).
To be considered for this position, please apply online via www.keltonglobal.com/jobs.
Name: Toni Wax
e-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: http://www.keltonglobal.com/jobs
This posting was last updated on: May 9, 2016
This Job board allows companies, organizations and individuals to post marketing
research-related post job openings free of charge. Quirk's does not
endorse these companies, organizations and individuals and makes no representations,
warranties or guarantees as to, and assumes no responsibility for, the content of
their postings nor the products or services provided by them. Quirk's
expressly disclaims all liability for damages of any kind related to postings.
New Jobs Search