The Job Postings is a free service of Quirk's Marketing Research Review.
New Jobs Search
Associate Director, Quantitative Research
Location Classification: Los Angeles, California
Position Type: Research/Project Director
Company Classification: Marketing Research Company
Hours/Schedule: Permanent Full Time
Base Salary: Other/Not Specified
9724 Washington Blvd 2nd Floor
Culver City, CA 90232-2765
Kelton is a strategy consultancy that creates consumer-oriented business solutions based on core human truths. We create brand relevance and resonance for our clients, by taking a creative, thoughtful and rigorous approach to interpreting insights, developing strategies, and designing solutions that deliver on consumer desires.
- Job Description:
- We have a leadership team made up of seasoned research, communications, marketing, and innovation/design professionals; thus there is ample opportunity to learn and grow every day. We are proud of having an entrepreneurial, start-up culture where training is very “hands on” and there’s an atmosphere in which teams are tight and colleagues really help each other.
We serve as a strategic research partner to a broad array of cross-industry clients including Pfizer, Target, Bloomingdale’s, Dominos, and 8 of the 10 largest PR firms in the country. We’ve built a team that can use research to solve for virtually any strategic business objective. Clients rely on us for our ability to turn insights into compelling stories about customers.
Kelton is seeking an innovative quantitative researcher with excellent analytical, communication, and client management skills. The candidate will work on a variety of project types for some of the nation’s most successful brands across different categories, and a multi-industry background is therefore crucial. Strategic thinking and deadline-driven deliverable creation are equally important in this fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will clearly convey takeaways visually in PowerPoint with recommendations reflective of the client’s core issues and needs. Applicants should have 5-7 years of primary market research experience (supplier side experience desired), and possess strong statistical skills.
- Job Requirements:
• In partnership with senior team, lead major quantitative projects with key clients and drive approach, analysis, and strategic recommendations.
• Ensure overall client satisfaction and manage client relationships to generate repeat business.
• Together with the leadership team, develop innovative approaches and products that will result in outstanding insights for our clients and differentiate Kelton as a partner.
• Manage quantitative projects throughout all stages of the research process (design questionnaire, monitor fielding, run analyses, put together final report, present to client).
• Contribute to business development efforts through methodological recommendations.
• With oversight, lead and manage hybrid studies and seamlessly integrate quantitative findings with qualitative insights.
• Provide staff training and development.
• Stay up-to-date on industry developments and be active in the research community at large to make sure Kelton’s quantitative practices remain innovative, unique, and of top quality.
- Additional Comments:
• 5-7 years of experience in primary market research (supplier side desired). Ideal candidate has recent experience in an agency as opposed to working as an independent proprietor.
• Well-versed and experienced in designing and conducting a broad array of quantitative market research approaches such as positioning/messaging studies, segmentation studies, concept tests, A&U studies, and pricing studies.
• Strong analytic skills with proven ability to contribute to methodology improvements. Driven by an urge to try new things and identify efficiencies.
• Experience in running hybrid studies, strong familiarity with qualitative methodologies.
• Very strong experience with SPSS Statistics or a similar software package.
• Able to operate independently and run projects with oversight from inception to final report.
• Ability to express research findings in a graphical format.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively work in teams.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated presence and authority in dealing with people at all organizational levels.
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical/medical and CPG industries is a plus.
• Experience in planning and running multi-country studies is a plus.
How To Apply
Our best asset is our staff. We only hire the most motivated, collaborative, curious, and insightful people. Only those up for a challenge and desiring a real commitment to their workplace should apply. Kelton offers full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k).
To be considered for this position, please send your resume in WORD or PDF format to email@example.com with “Associate Director of Quantitative Research” listed in the subject line.
Name: Susan Braun
e-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
This posting was last updated on: August 13, 2014
This Job board allows companies, organizations and individuals to post marketing
research-related post job openings free of charge. Quirk's does not
endorse these companies, organizations and individuals and makes no representations,
warranties or guarantees as to, and assumes no responsibility for, the content of
their postings nor the products or services provided by them. Quirk's
expressly disclaims all liability for damages of any kind related to postings.
New Jobs Search