The Job Postings is a free service of Quirk's Marketing Research Review.
New Jobs Search
Location Classification: New York City, New York
Position Type: Research Sales/Client Services
Company Classification: Marketing Research Company
Hours/Schedule: Permanent Full Time
Base Salary: Other/Not Specified
38 W. 21st Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10010
Kelton is a strategy consultancy that creates consumer-oriented business solutions based on core human truths. We create brand relevance and resonance for our clients, by taking a creative, thoughtful and rigorous approach to interpreting insights, developing strategies, and designing solutions that deliver on consumer desires. We have a leadership team made up of seasoned research, communications, marketing, and innovation/design professionals; there is ample opportunity to learn and grow every day.
- Job Description:
- We are proud of having an entrepreneurial, start-up culture where training is very “hands on” and there’s an atmosphere in which teams are tight and colleagues really help each other. We serve as a strategic partner to a broad array of cross-industry clients including Target, GE, Viacom, Pfizer, Bloomingdale’s, Domino’s, and 8 of the 10 largest PR firms in the country. With our consumer insights and research platform, we’ve built a team that is uniquely positioned to develop solutions for clients that keep their customers at the center of their strategy, marketing, and innovation efforts.
Kelton is seeking a dynamic strategy consultant with excellent analytical, communication, and account management skills. The ideal candidate will be comfortable overseeing multiple workstreams with an eye towards future growth within existing businesses. The consultant will lead engagements that leverage research, marketing strategy, and design consulting to uncover inspired business solutions for many of the nation’s most successful brands. A multi-industry background is crucial, and strategic thinking and deadline-driven deliverable creation are equally important in this fast-paced environment.
- Job Requirements:
• Liaise with clients to identify specific business problems
• Lead major strategy engagements and drive approach, analysis, and strategic recommendations, with limited partner/senior-level oversight
• Together with the leadership team, develop innovative approaches and products that will result in outstanding insights for our clients and differentiate Kelton as a partner
• Lead full presentations alongside senior partners, help clients think through strategic implications of research, and ensure feedback is integrated into each stage of the engagement process
• Be the established authority and main point of contact for clients. Understand when/how to loop in senior leads early to tackle larger issues
• Look for ways to expand and grow client relationships and take responsibility for existing clients meeting/exceeding annual goals
• Offer informed perspective about client brand and category trends. When required, gain technical or specific knowledge that is crucial to clients’ business
Strategy and Analysis:
• Critically assess and leverage a comprehensive context of qual and quant research, design outputs, demographics, socio-economics, market analyses, campaign tracking data, sales data, and business financials to inform marketing/strategy recommendations
• With an engagement team, drive and oversee creation of deliverables that not only address engagement objectives but have a story woven throughout. Deliverables should say something meaningful for clients and be filled with insights, recommendations, and analyses that will exceed their expectations
• Collaborate on new business proposals and help brainstorm approaches that are feasible and attractive for clients
• Take the lead on conducting project post mortems and coming up with mechanisms to apply lessons to future engagements
• Oversee and guide more junior staff's work on a daily basis, and serve as a mentor and manager to colleagues at a variety of levels
• Maintain a collaborative, motivated, engaged environment on a project team during successful and challenging points in the process
• Work with talent management to identify, interview, and select talent to fill key roles
• Be comfortable serving as the lone account manager/representative at client meetings, focus groups, fieldwork, and workshops for large engagements
• Oversee qual and quant research, ensuring that the project team is designing and executing a process that provides the right analysis opportunity
• Proactively take steps to improve organization and workflow processes
- Additional Comments:
• 7-10 years of experience in strategy, brand, marketing, innovation, or design consulting. Ideal candidate has recent experience with a recognized and innovative firm or agency
• Strong analytical skills with a proven ability to contribute to methodology improvements
• Driven by an urge to try new things and identify efficiencies
• Able to operate independently and run projects from inception to final report
• Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively work in teams
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated presence and authority in dealing with people at all organizational levels
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical/medical and CPG industries is a plus
• Experience with planning and running global engagements
• Excellent PPT and Excel skills, exposure to SPSS is a plus
• Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and InDesign a plus, but not required
How To Apply
While we have specialized services that attract clients, our true specialty is our staff – a different caliber and mindset of individuals than is found at most major research firms. Kelton offers full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k).
To apply, send your Word or PDF cover letter and resume with the subject “Strategy Consultant” to email@example.com.
Name: Susan Braun
e-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
This posting was last updated on: October 8, 2013
This Job board allows companies, organizations and individuals to post marketing
research-related post job openings free of charge. Quirk's does not
endorse these companies, organizations and individuals and makes no representations,
warranties or guarantees as to, and assumes no responsibility for, the content of
their postings nor the products or services provided by them. Quirk's
expressly disclaims all liability for damages of any kind related to postings.
New Jobs Search