The Job Postings is a free service of Quirk's Marketing Research Review.
New Jobs Search
Location Classification: New York City, New York
Position Type: Research Assistant
Company Classification: Marketing Research Company
Hours/Schedule: Temporary Full Time
Base Salary: Other/Not Specified
38 W. 21st Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10010
Kelton is a strategy consultancy that creates consumer-oriented business solutions based on core human truths. We create brand relevance and resonance for our clients, by taking a creative, thoughtful and rigorous approach to interpreting insights, developing strategies, and designing solutions that deliver on consumer desires. We have a leadership team made up of seasoned research, communications, marketing, and innovation/design professionals; there is ample opportunity to learn and grow every day.
- Job Description:
- We are proud of having an entrepreneurial, start-up culture where training is very “hands on” and there’s an atmosphere in which teams are tight and colleagues really help each other. We serve as a strategic partner to a broad array of cross-industry clients including Target, GE, Viacom, Pfizer, Bloomingdale’s, Domino’s, and 8 of the 10 largest PR firms in the country. With our consumer insights and research platform, we’ve built a team that is uniquely positioned to develop solutions for clients that keep their customers at the center of their strategy, marketing, and innovation efforts.
We are looking for motivated intern candidates who are interested in learning how to do superior research and consulting while working with some of the best in the industry. Candidates must be naturally curious and have a passion for understanding human behavior. A high level of motivation and excellent communication skills are required to manage an incredibly diverse slate of work, clients, and team personalities. Flexibility to work on multiple projects, a natural aptitude for organization, and deadline-driven deliverable creation are equally important in this fast-paced environment. We’re looking for interns who are able to deliver amidst the dynamic nature of workload and pace inherent in a client service business. The ideal candidate has very strong Excel and PowerPoint skills and is very comfortable multi-tasking. As our interns may also collaborate with Kelton’s PR clients, understanding of and excitement about marketing, public relations, media, current events and pop culture are all relevant and useful.
Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree or be in the midst of an undergrad program. Opportunities are available in Kelton’s New York and Los Angeles offices.
- Job Requirements:
• Assist with handling logistics for qualitative and quantitative research projects, including:
o For the quantitative team, helping to manage vendor relationships (including managing sample), scheduling and planning research engagements, monitoring fielding.
o For the qualitative team, assist with facility interaction, recruitment monitoring, and on-site assistance during research.
• Assist with report creation, including writing, analysis, data entry, chart/table creation in Excel or PowerPoint.
• Test survey links (including testing for spelling, grammar, and logic skips) to ensure quality control.
• Run basic quantitative analyses and be very comfortable working with numbers.
• Detailed note-taking during client calls and meetings.
- Additional Comments:
• Excellent PowerPoint skills and ability to create slides/graphs/charts that convey key research findings in compelling ways.
• Strong Excel skills.
• Excellent analytical skills. Experience with SPSS or other software is a plus.
• Attention to detail, strong organizational/logistics skills.
• Excellent writing/communication skills.
• Quick learner who works well both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to take a big picture idea and run with it.
• Ability to independently solve problems.
• Personal accountability and strong work ethic.
• Professional demeanor, ability to interact with vendors and clients.
• Positive “can do” attitude.
• Experience with Adobe Illustrator and an eye for design a plus, but not required.\
How to Apply:
Our best asset is our staff. We only hire the most motivated, collaborative, curious, and insightful people. Only those up for a challenge and desiring a real commitment to their workplace should apply.
To be considered for our Internship Program, please send your WORD or PDF resume, cover letter, relevant PowerPoint and writing samples via email to email@example.com with “Application - Internship Program” in the subject line.
Name: Toni Ramsey
e-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
This posting was last updated on: October 8, 2013
This Job board allows companies, organizations and individuals to post marketing
research-related post job openings free of charge. Quirk's does not
endorse these companies, organizations and individuals and makes no representations,
warranties or guarantees as to, and assumes no responsibility for, the content of
their postings nor the products or services provided by them. Quirk's
expressly disclaims all liability for damages of any kind related to postings.
New Jobs Search