We have a leadership team made up of seasoned research, communications, marketing, and innovation/design professionals; thus there is ample opportunity to learn and grow every day. We are proud of having an entrepreneurial, start-up culture where training is very “hands on” and there’s an atmosphere in which teams are tight and colleagues really help each other.
We serve as a strategic partner to a broad array of cross-industry clients including Target, GE, Viacom, Pfizer, Bloomingdale’s, Domino’s, and 8 of the 10 largest PR firms in the country. With our consumer insights and research platform, we’ve built a team that is uniquely positioned to develop solutions for clients that keep their customers at the center of their strategy, marketing, and innovation efforts.
The qualitative division at Kelton is truly at the heart and soul of the business; through uncovering and representing transformational insights we’ve become strategic partners to our top accounts. The team is incredibly diverse and passionate, with backgrounds ranging from previous NBC producers, to cultural anthropologists, to social psychologists. Our team values an extremely strong design research presence and influence. Team members can expect to collaborate with fellow researchers, but must be adept at being a qualitative leader and a high performer on a cross functional team.
We’re looking for an experienced qualitative researcher with excellent analytical, collaboration, and consulting skills. A high level of passion, motivation, and excellent communication skills are required to manage an incredibly diverse slate of work, clients, and team personalities. Flexibility to work on multiple projects, a natural aptitude for organization, and deadline-driven deliverable creation are equally important in this fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone who is able to deliver amidst the dynamic nature of workload and pace inherent in a client service business.
The ideal candidate is brave, dynamic, curious, seasoned enough to operate independently, and sees their research work as a true craft. Candidates should be well-versed in CPG, retail, and pharmaceutical/medical industries, as well as have experience leading clients in these fields. Due to the nature of the work, position may be travel intensive, requiring 25-40% time in the field.
• Serve as the lead qualitative researcher with key client accounts, collaborate with other researchers and drive approach, analysis, and strategic recommendations.
• Ensure overall client satisfaction and work with account leads to manage client relationships to generate repeat business.
• Together with the leadership team, develop innovative approaches and methodologies that will result in outstanding insights for our clients and differentiate Kelton as a partner.
• Maintain high levels of satisfaction among our current accounts, and assist company principals in winning new ones.
• Play the role of lead interviewer in the gathering of insights, primarily through ethnography, in-depth interviews, online community moderation. Expertise in focus group moderation desired but not required. Researcher can expect to collaborate with those with seasoned experience in that area.
• Play a leadership role on a cross functional team; collaborate with the team to seamlessly integrate qualitative insights with quantitative findings.
• Help sustain a profitable, stable and growth oriented business, consistent with delivering the utmost quality of thinking and output.
• Provide staff training, mentorship and development, including being an internal advisor and resource for sophisticated qualitative methodologies.
• 5-10 years of experience in consumer insights (supplier side a must; research or agency planning backgrounds preferred). At least half of work experience must be on the agency side or collaborating/freelancing with agencies
How to Apply:
• Excellent, experienced, and passionate interviewer and ethnographer. Experience with more innovative methodologies and approaches strongly preferred.
• Methodological design experience is a must.
• Bachelor’s degree required, secondary degree in a social science or design discipline desired. Candidates with either a bachelor’s or secondary degree in a design discipline highly preferred.
• Previous project management experience; clear understanding of project set-up, recruiting, familiarity working with an expanded team i.e. agency, corporate, consultants, freelancers.
• Experience in running hybrid studies, strong familiarity and understanding of quantitative analyses.
• Ability to succinctly and visually represent key insights, familiarity with the creation of frameworks and an experienced synthesizer of data a must.
• Strong storytelling, PowerPoint and/or design skills consistent with the above.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively work in teams.
• Previous workshop planning and moderating desired.
Our best asset is our staff. We only hire the most motivated, collaborative, curious, and insightful people. Only those up for a challenge and desiring a real commitment to their workplace should apply. Kelton offers full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k).
To be considered for this position, please send your WORD or PDF resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Design Researcher and Ethnographer, Qualitative Research” in the subject line.