Which Categories are Winning or Losing in the Cost of Living Crisis
Editor's note: Streetbees, Mars Wrigley and Henkel teamed up to present on the Lipsticks Effect on the cost of living crisis and its impact on brands on Sept. 21, 2022. Duration 45:37.
While some CPG categories are struggling during the cost of living crisis, others are thriving. This is the foundation of the “lipstick effect.” Affordable luxuries, like lipstick, seem to be recession-proof, while others take the hit.
Need to know how consumers are engaging with your category right now and what you can learn from other thriving categories? To help your CPG brand protect market share, Streetbees has launched a Cost of Living Monitor and will share the latest insights in this webinar for the food, beverage, alcohol, beauty and personal care categories.
- What’s happening in each category and how this has changed
- What coping mechanisms consumers are adopting and if they differ by category
- Where consumers are cutting/prioritizing spend and why
- If consumers are trading between categories and why
- What this means for your brand
- What you can learn from the top performers"
- Molly Hayes: Global Senior Director of Growth, Foresight & Innovation Insights at Mars Wrigley.
- Melinda V. Johnson; Director, Marketing- Hair, Henkel.
- Pui-Tien Man; Client Strategy Director, Streetbees.
- Derya Guvenc; Strategic Insights Lead, Streetbees.