Evaluative Criteria, Inc.
a division of CRG Global
New York City, NYView Website
Evaluative Criteria, Inc. (ECI) is part of the CRG Global portfolio of companies, a leader in the execution of custom research for innovation, research and brand teams.
Over the past 50 years, ECI has demonstrated its dedication to the market research Industry. We have evolved and continue to differentiate ourselves by:
- Staffing experienced industry professionals committed to research method development and best practice execution.
- Developing full-service market research capabilities using systematic quality controls and communication.
- Our custom and agile solutions are designed to answer your business questions and provide actionable results.
- Continually reinvesting in technologies and infrastructure to ensure that we provide our clients with state-of-the-art facilities and research capabilities.
- Our entire staff, including project management and operations, are based in the U.S.
ECI strives to understand your category and competitive landscape concurrent with your immediate and long-term business issues and where your brand is now and where you want it to be in the future. Utilizing collaborative thought leadership and a highly communicative partnership, an inventive and thorough research design is developed to provide the insights needed to drive business strategy.
Key guiding principles
- Solutions not products
- Adaptable to meet needs
- Results focused
- Stakeholder driven
ECI is staffed by experts in industry sectors, who understand the unique business challenges within each category.
Specific category expertise
Beauty | beverage/adult beverage | business-to-business | consumer package goods | customer experience | health and personal care | oral care | OTC health care | pet care | restaurant/food service | retail
Each area of expertise is led by a discipline leader, who ensures that best practices are integrated and that the strategic output is customized to meet corporate and stakeholder needs.
- Innovation: Idea and concept screening | product testing | sensory/guidance testing | early trier research | legal claims validations | claims effectiveness
- Market landscape: Market structure | segmentation | brand health | customer experience
- Brand positioning: Customer disposition | brand affinity | brand discrimination
- Marketing/communications: Brand/ad tracking | communications evaluations | digital copy and ad testing
- Shopper/trade: Path-to-purchase | packaging and shelf designs/merchandising | pricing strategies | mystery shopping
ECI has broad experience interviewing specialized audiences, including the ability to target low incidence samples.
Examples of target audiences
Affluents | Hispanics | multicultural consumers | mature/seniors | Gen Z and Millennials | luxury shoppers | salon experts | dentists/MDs
Year Established: 1973
Number of Employees: 20
Research Services and Specializations
- Hybrid Research (Qual/Quant)
- | Low Incidence Research
- | Marketing Research Consultation
- | Shopper Insights
Industries, Markets and Audiences Served
Tarrytown, NY 10591
- Customer Contact(s):
Patty Bien, Executive Vice President
Jason Steeg, President
- 914-631-0759 (fax)
- Affiliations & Certifications
- AMA (United States) | Alliance of International Market Research Institutes (AIMRI) | American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) | ESOMAR (International) | Insights Association (United States) | Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) | Qualitative Research Consultants Association (QRCA) (United States) | Society for Scholarly Publishing (SSP) | Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)