Knoxville, TNView Website
Smarty Pants illuminates the business world with brilliant insights, inspiring stories and ingenious solutions. The award-winning research and consulting firm excels at delivering breakthrough insights that spark innovation and activation for leading global brands.
The full-service firm is comprised of more than 60 gifted research professionals who are:
- Inherently curious with an inquisitive spirit and passion for understanding the human experience.
- Meticulous practitioners who flawlessly execute across innovative methods.
- Segment and category experts who study kids, tweens, teens and adults across life stages every day and apply a contextual lens that others simply can’t.
- Clever brand builders who unlock opportunities client partners didn’t see coming and present them in ways that inspire and impact.
- Untraditional partners who love to have fun but are serious about growing our clients’ business.
Smarty Pants partners with category leaders across industries, including multiple Fortune 100 companies. From health care and retail to CPG and toys, Smarty Pants specializes in keeping winning brands at the top of their insights game.
The full-service firm conducts highly customized quantitative, qualitative and mixed-method research to uncover opportunities, optimize offerings, effectively position brands, enhance communications and measure success. Qualitative methods include a robust suite of in-person and digital offerings – from focus groups, in-depth interviews and ethnographies to online communities, digital diaries and video journaling. Quantitative research spans online and mobile-first surveys, tracking studies, A&U’s, segmentation, choice-based analysis and more.
Smarty Pants’ deliverables are best in class. Client partners appreciate the multimedia, turnkey reports, presentations and events the company produces to ensure teams understand consumers’ needs and findings can be easily socialized across the organization. Project assets may include infographics, consumer (or journey) documentaries, custom “handbooks” or “playbooks,” digital insights portals/microsites, interactive presentations and onsite immersions and share-outs.
Based in Tenn., the mid-size shop has offices across the U.S. – including New York; Los Angeles; Chicago; Boston; Denver; Dallas; Pittsburgh; San Diego; Seattle; Philadelphia; Scottsdale, Arizona; Myrtle Beach, S.C. and Tampa, Fla. The company has established relationships with partner firms across the globe, including London, Mexico City, Shanghai and Berlin. Qualitative research expertise spans over 20 countries and quantitative research capabilities include more than 50 international markets.
Year Established: 2004
Number of Employees: 61
Research Services and Specializations
- Concept Research
- | Ethnographic Research
- | Focus Group-Moderating
- | Observation Research
- | Qualitative Research
- | Quantitative Research
Industries, Markets and Audiences Served
Johnson City, TN 37659
- Customer Contact(s):
Meredith Franck, COO
- Affiliations & Certifications
- Insights Association (United States) | Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)