••• technology research

Seventy-three percent of marketers say that their companies make use of generative AI tools. Botco.ai, a generative AI chat cloud company, found that they use the tools to help create text, images, videos or other marketing content. 

The generative AI market got a boost in November 2022 with the launch of ChatGPT, a chatbot developed by AI research company OpenAI. Other notable generative AI tools include Google’s Bard AI, Copy.ai, Jasper, Midjourney, DALL-E 2 and more. According to Allied Market Research, the global generative AI market is projected to reach $126.5 billion by 2031, growing at a compound annual growth rate of 32% from 2022 to 2031.

Other key insights from the Botco.ai study include:

Generative AI is on the rise. Of those that say their company doesn’t use generative AI, about one-third (31%) say they expect to within the next 12 months and about half (46%) say they will do so within two years. Collectively, 77% of companies that aren’t currently using generative AI expect to use it within two years.

Copy that. Website copy is the most common form of content that marketers are most likely to use generative AI to produce, with 48% of respondents saying that their company is likely to create website copy with generative AI now or in the future. Other common use cases are e-mail copy (44%), social media copy (42%), social media images (39%), chatbots that interact with customers (37%), website images (36%), SEO content (35%), blog posts (33%) and marketing/sales collateral (33%).

ChatGPT is king. ChatGPT is the most-used generative AI tool, cited by 55% of respondents who currently use generative AI. The next-most popular tools include Copy.ai (42%), Jasper.ai (36%), Peppertype (29%), Lensa (28%), DALL-E (25%) and Midjourney (24%).

Lots to offer. The most common benefit marketers gain is increased performance (cited by 58% of respondents),...